Blogger Widgets

Sunday, February 5, 2012

GQ: Pharrell Williams Billionaire Playboy

Recently GQ passed by Pharrell’s studio in Miami and sat down with the musician to talk about his upcoming projects – being a consultant for the Oscars, working with shoe designer Mark McNairy, releasing his book ‘Places & Spaces I’ve Been’. They also touch on the upcoming Billionaire Girls Club line and him working on ‘Glory’, the song that Jay-Z dedicated to his daughter.

GQ: On Rick Ross’ Rich Forever mixtape you rap, “Black boy scoring his life/ I’m scoring the Oscars.” How excited are you for this opportunity—especially since you’re still essentially a music nerd from Virginia who made it big.
Pharrell: I’m just very thankful. And I say that a lot because that’s the most important message. I answer questions the best I can. But most of the answers usually feel the same. And that’s just me being very appreciative of the opportunity, because, like you said, I’m from Virginia Beach, VA. I’m glad that I can exhibit what we can do.

GQ: Academy rules won’t allow you to say what your current favorites are, but what are some of your choice Hans Zimmer-scored movies? He’s done plenty and won an Oscar for The Lion King.
Pharrell: The Dark Knight music was genius! I mean, Gladiator was great. Pirates [of the Caribbean] was great. But Dark Knight? That was, like, a whole different level of…

GQ: Film music?
Pharrell: Yeah!

GQ: Tell me about your upcoming travel book, Places & Spaces I’ve Been.
Pharrell: It’s just things and people that have moved me and inspired me around the world and that I am also honored to know.

GQ: You’re working on a new line of boots, right?
Pharrell: Yeah. We’re working on some boots for BBC [Billionaire Boys Club]. But I can’t really talk about it.

GQ: Well, speaking of BBC, you’re releasing a women’s line soon, BGC, right?
Pharrell: Yup! And it’s crazy!”

Read the full interview here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news